Unique experiences in plc standard business and sport:
His relational style and courage to challenge in order to optimise results is rare to find.
Head of Financial Decision Support and Decision Making – RFU / England Rugby
- 20 years working for England Rugby, O2, Three and BlackBerry. Elite and grassroots sport experience (off pitch) plus high growth/performance technology businesses
- Director with £1m+ budget, team of 15 direct reports in multiple countries
- I’ve seen many senior leaders succeed and some fail. I know what “great” looks, sounds and feels like and have an opinion on what it takes to succeed in the long term
- I’ve led Executive Coaching, Leadership and People Development and Recruitment across Europe, Asia and the UK. Lived and worked in Japan (published author) and Australia
- 2015 – Led England Rugby Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award
- 2009 – Part of the fastest growing company in the world
- 2007 – O2 – 5th “Best Big Company” to work for in the UK
- I’ve led large change and people projects in businesses rebranding, making redundancies and managing large technology implementations
- 10 years as a part time worker, unusual for a man. In spite of this, I achieved excellent performance ratings – I’m passionate about flexible working!
- ILM Accredited Coach
- Association for Coaching member (Membership No : 55620780)
- Insights Accredited
- MSc Organisation Consulting (Dissertation: Taking Personal Risk) (2011)
- BSc (Hons) Management Science (1993)
I can work with associates with differing expertise where needed to deliver client projects, large or small and I work as an associate for Executive Coaching Consultancy
Corporate Social Responsibility & Voluntary work
- 2017- present
Vice Chair Newlands Girls School (c1200 pupils, secondary, Outstanding OFSTED rating)
- 2014 – 2018
Nominations Committee & HR in Sport Network member: Sport & Recreation Alliance
- 2010 – 2013
Steer Co member, The Conference Board European Council for Leadership, Talent & Learning
I’m married with 3 daughters – all different. I do my very best to instill in each of them a belief in their individual strengths and what they can achieve. I donate monthly to the NSPCC and volunteer as an FA Level 1 coach with Maidenhead Girls U13s football team.
Challenges I’ve faced professionally/personally:
I’ve dealt with personal challenges that face many people in the workplace today including; redundancy, bullying and doing two jobs at the same time (leading to RSI, Repetitive Strain Injury.)
Having a young family, juggling work/life and working part time! When I’m very tired or stressed I am less tolerant than I’d like to be.
I also have an unfortunate, inexplicable inability to remember people’s names which is embarrassing having worked in HR for 20 years. I always remember peoples faces though!